Motorola’s launched the Moto E 2nd gen here in India today, it’s priced at Rs. 6,999 just like it was last year.
Motorola’s launched the 3G variant which has the same internals as the one from last year. Sadly, there’s no word on the updated 4G variant yet…
What’s different with the Moto E 2nd gen this time?
- A larger 4.5″ display (up from 4.3″)
- A larger 2390 mAh battery (up from 1980 mAh)
- 720p video recording (up from 480p)
- 8 GB Internal storage (up from 4GB)
- 2x extra cores (Quad Core Snapdragon 200 on the Moto E 2015 vs Dual Core Snapdragon 200 on the Moto E 2014)
What’s still similar?
- It’s still Snapdragon 200 inside (/w an Adreno 302 GPU)
- 5MP Rear / 2MP Front cameras
- qHD display (540 x 960 pixels)
- 12.3 mm thickness
- 1 GB RAM
While it’s true that last year’s Moto E still runs on KitKat (a lollipop update has been promised and should arrive soon) the Moto E 2nd gen runs lollipop out of the box.
So do you think the upgrades are worth the extra Rs. 1000? (Last year’s Moto E currently sells for Rs. 5,999) let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
If you want to pick up a Moto E 2nd Gen you can do that from Flipkart.
Here’s Motorola’s teaser for the new Moto E