Last week on Reddit, Oneplus announced that they weren’t sure when Oxygen OS would be ready.
This got OnePlus One users riled up and they took to social media to voice their discontent.
Turns out, the OnePlus Team might have been trolling since Oxygen OS was released earlier today.
Below are some fans reaction from twitter.
Today, OnePlus sent emails to all users about the official release of Oxygen OS.
OnePlus also tweeted “Deep breath. OxygenOS is here.”
— OnePlus (@oneplus) April 4, 2015
The team has put in place detailed instructions on how to flash the ROM for anyone who is interested. As of now, its unclear if the ROM is stable enough, we hope it is and would hope it can be used as a daily driver. The OnePlus team has also urged fans to submit user feedback and comments if in case they encounter bugs. To do so, OnePlus has developed an Android app to help fans to be able to easily submit their feedback.
OnePlus have also put together a video on YouTube to showcase some of the Top Feature of the Oxygen OS.
OxygenOS Top Features
The team acknowledged the existence of the following bugs –
- When printing images, printer service may stop
- Cannot hang up a call using headphone controls (intermittent)
- OTG can only recognize FAT32 file system
- During system update, display of WiFi/data notification may be incorrect
- During system update, display of version number may be incorrect
- Files sometimes crash when uploading files to the cloud
- Files may crash when renaming image files
- Files do not support multi-select deletes
Oxygen OS is based on Android Lollipop 5.0.2 and should eventually be upgraded to 5.1 which is the current Android version the Nexus devices are on.
Images of some Oxygen OS features
If you are a OnePlus One User, have you already flashed the ROM? If yes, let us know you what you think of the Oxygen OS experience. Was it worth the wait?
Source: OnePlus Forums